What to bring?
- Personal I.D.
- (Driver’s License, Visa papers (if needed), & Passport)
- Student I.D.
- Comfortable Shoes/Sneakers
- You will be doing LOTS of walking!
- Comfortable Clothes such as shorts, t-shirts, pants, and rain gear.
- Average Summer Temperature in Vancouver in July:
- High: 71ºF (22ºC)
- Low: 54ºF (12ºC)
- Sweater, Jacket, or Sweatshirt
- The air conditioning can potentially be cold in the Vancouver Convention Centre.
- So that you can make sure that you are in the SV Office 30 minutes before your shift is scheduled to start!
- Good to have on-hand for cabs, meals, etc.
- Cell Phone
- Know if you can make international calls with your phone plan.
- Lock for locker
- Lockers are provided on a ‘First come, first serve’ basis. Lockers must be emptied at the end of each day or locks will be cut.
- Medication, if you are required to have it for health reasons.
- You may get hungry and need an energy boost during your day!
- Resumes / Demo Reels / Business Cards
- Business Attire for job interviews (if you set any interviews up)
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Clean your hands thoroughly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Please seek medical attention if you are feeling ill.
- Be sure to stay hydrated; drink lots of water. You will be walking quite a lot.
- Never travel alone; always travel in groups, especially late at night.
- Make sure to have a lock if you will be using the lockers located in the SV Office; the SV Subcommittee and SIGGRAPH are not responsible for stolen goods. Note: There are a limited number of lockers.
- Make sure to carry your cell phone (if you have one and have an international calling plan) in case of an emergency.
- Do not carry too much money on you.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If there are any goodies in your hotel room, do not eat or drink them. If you do, YOU are fully responsible for paying for them (hotels have huge markups over buying at a convenient store, such as Walgreens, CVS or 7–11).
- Bring snacks; you may need an energy boost during some part of your day.
- Wear comfortable shoes; you will be walking a great deal during the conference.
- To find out currency exchange rates, please go to this link: http://coinmill.com/CAD_calculator.html
Visas & Passports
Your registration will come from the Student Volunteer Program, and so you MUST obtain your invitation letter directly from us. The information on how to do this can be found in our email communications with you. For more information regarding visas, please visit our SIGGRAPH 2014 Visa Information page.